Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: was in a wreck today and needing some info?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    was in a wreck today and needing some info?

    I was traveling on a 50 mph road doing about 40-45 a woman in front of the woman I hit suddenly stopped, the woman I hit came within inches of hitting her. I was standing on my brakes slid about 15 feet and hit her in the rear bumper. The woman I hit admitted it wasn't my fault, the driver behind me said it wasn't my fault. But when the officer arrived he got, word for word "are all four of you guys involved in this one wreck"? We all said yes. He looks at the woman I hit "did you get hit?" Yes looks at me "you hit her?" yes automatically he said I was following to close, no questions nothing is there anything I should do or am I just gonna have to eat this one?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: was in a wreck today and needing some info?

    your probably gonna eat this one. Who was the cop, and were did it happen?
    crack is whack

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: was in a wreck today and needing some info?

    happened in greenville, nc. i thought so i was just wondering if i had any options, thanks for the input

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: was in a wreck today and needing some info?

    You're going to have to eat it. Every driving class or cop I've ever heard will say if you ever hit someone from behind, it's your fault. No questions. They will say you should always give yourself enough room to stop if something like what happened to you happens. Sad, but true.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: was in a wreck today and needing some info?

    did you have out of state tags? I know this sounds like a dumb question but I find if you have out of state tags the officer is more likely to not ask questions and just give you a ticket.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cats78's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: was in a wreck today and needing some info?

    If you hit someone in the rear it is your fault.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: was in a wreck today and needing some info?

    Yep, you probably don't have any recourse. If you hit someone in the rear, no matter what they did, you are considered as following too closely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •